9 Days Turkey Tour
Departure Dates in 2023 (Monday’s)
October: 2,9,16, 23,30
Day 1 ISTANBUL
Welcome to Europe!!! Upon arriving at the airport we will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. You can enjoy free time until your tour starts. Please, check the informative posters placed at the hotel reception area which have all the information about your upcoming services such as meeting place, time and the guide’s name.
Day 2 ISTANBUL
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Sightseeing tour. Topkapi Palace. Night transfer to Taksim.A sightseeing tour of the city. We find ourselves in a city built in two continents. On our tour, we will enter the Mosque of Suleyman the Magnificent (the largest in Istanbul). We will see the walls, the Golden Horn, the fishing district, and we will admire the exterior of Hagia Sofia. After the visit, we will offer tickets and a visit to the Top Kapi Palace, which was the administrative center of the Ottoman Empire, with its magnificent courtyards and its pavilions. At the end of the afternoon we will provide a transfer to the Taksim neighborhood, the most commercialized and lively area of the city. There will be time to dine in one of its many restaurants, and you can also take the old tram that crosses the area or go to see the nearby Galata Tower.
Day 3 ISTANBUL
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Boat trip on the Bosphorus.Today we include a boat trip on the Bosphorus that will last about two hours, exclusively for Europamundo travelers. The Bosphorus is a strait that connects the Black Sea with the Sea of Marmara, which separates Istanbul into two parts: the European and Asian parts. We will enjoy seeing the liveliness of the strait with its multitude of boats. We will pass under the two bridges that unite Europe and Asia and we will admire the palaces of the sultans, the typical wooden houses and the Ottoman villas. Free time.
Day 4 ISTANBUL - ANKARA - CAPADOCIA
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: High speed train. Arrival to the fantastic Cappadocia region. Dinner included.Today we travel by train: from the station in the Asian district, we take the most modern and fast train in Turkey, a pleasant 4-hour trip through the Anatolian landscapes, where you can also enjoy the train café. Arrival in ANKARA. After some time to grab lunch in the station, we will continue travelling by bus to the Mausoleum of Ataturk. Afterwards we continue to Cappadocia. We will pass through the SALT LAKE, with its incredible landscapes. Arrival in AVANOS (CAPPADOCIA), dinner included.
Day 5 CAPADOCIA
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: landscapes of spectacular shapes. Picturesque towns. Dinner included. Full day in the fantastic region of CAPPADOCIA, with its lunar landscapes, its churches and troglodyte villages. We will discover the GOREME Valley with its open air museum and its churches carved into the rocks, entry tickets included. We will visit UCHISAR, a natural fortress. In KAIMACLI we will visit the underground city that could house 30,000 people. Returning to Avanos we stop at PASABAG, the valley of the fairies, we will walk in this spectacular natural area. Free time and dinner included.
Day 6 CAPADOCIA - IHLARA - KONYA
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Ihlara Valley, Caravanserai, Konya. Dinner included. At the far end of Cappadocia, we will visit the IHLARA Valley; known for the freshness of its waters, its churches and villages excavated in the rock. Then we continue our route, with a stop in an old CARAVANSERAI from the 13th Century before arriving in KONYA where we visit the Mausoleum of Mevlana. Here we will learn about the sect of the Dervishes (entrance included). Dinner included. At night, we suggest that you attend the dance performance of the whirling dervishes in the cultural centre.
Day 7 KONYA - EGRIDIR - PAMUKALE
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Fantastic Cotton Castle at the end of the day. Dinner included. We take a scenic road between the lakes, and get to know EGRIDIR, a beautiful town next to a large lake, with its walls and mosques. There’s time to have lunch. We then continue to PAMUKKALE-Hierapolis, whose calcareous waters have created the Cotton Castle (entrance included). Dinner included.
Day 8 PAMUKALE - EPHESUS - KUSADASI
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Ephesus. Dinner included. We leave for EPHESUS, the best preserved ancient city of Asia Minor; 2000 years ago it had a quarter of a million inhabitants. We see the house of the Virgin Mary, the Basilica of Saint John and the impressive ruins of Ephesus (entrance included). We then go on to KUSADASI, a popular coastal town with a lot of atmosphere, commercial life and a small castle. Dinner included.
Day 9 KUSADASI - IZMIR - BURSA - ISTANBUL
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHT: Interior of Anatolia. Hanging bridges crossing the Sea of Marmara and the Bosphorus Strait. We leave for the city with the fourth largest population in Turkey: IZMIR. We make a brief visit with our guide to this city considered the most westernized and modern city in the country in terms of values, ideology and lifestyle. We then return to inland Turkey. Stop en route for lunch before reaching BURSA, the fourth largest city in Turkey, whose historic centre has been declared UNESCO World Heritage, with its traditional commercial districts, mosques, religious schools, public baths … The green mosque stands out. Arrival in ISTANBUL at the end of the day. End of our services. Please, check the time of your flight in case you might need an additional night.
- Europamundo General Services: Travel by bus with English speaking guide, basic travel insurance and breakfast buffet.
- Includes arrival transfer
- City tour in: ISTANBUL
- Boat: Tour of the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- Evening transfer: Taksim Square in Istanbul
- Ticket admission: Mosque of Suleiman the Magnificent and Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, Mausoleum of Ataturk in Ankara , Goreme Valley; Valley of Uchisar; Underground city of Kaimacli; Pasabag Valley , Valley of Ihlara , Caravanserai; Mevlana Mausoleum in Konya , Pamukkale - Hierapolis , house of the Virgin Mary, Basilica of St. John, Ruins of Ephesus
- Funicular: Cableway Viewpoint of Pierre Loti in Istanbul
- High speed train: Istanbul - Ankara
- 5 dinner included in: CAPADOCIA, CAPADOCIA, KONYA, PAMUKKALE, Kusadasi
- Air Transportation or any means of transportation to connect with the tours, Arrival and departure transfer.
- Personal expenses such as, but not limited to, phone calls, minibar charges, additional food orders, wines, mineral waters, room service, valet/ laundry service, the traditional end of trip gratuity to your tour guide and your driver not included and remains optional at your discretion.
- All necessary tipping to luggage porters, bellman, doormen, dining room waiters.
- Any other items of personal nature not specifically mentioned as being included.
Terms & Conditions
- Child U/11 yrs of age : 70% of the TWN rate,when sharing room with two adults in extra bed.
- Rates and Itinerary are subject to change without prior notice & subject to availability. No refund on any unutilised services.
- Charges in case of cancellation within 48 to 33 days prior to arrival : 10% of the package cost or € 30 whichever is higher
- Charges in case of cancellation within 32 to 18 days prior to arrival : 25% of the package cost.
- Charges in case of cancellation within 17 to 06 days prior to arrival : 50% of the package cost.
- Charges in case of cancellation within 06 days prior to arrival OR No shows : 100% of the package cost.