Istanbul & Ephesus Budget Coach Tour
01 FRI. Istanbul
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Arrival. Transfer to the hotel.
Welcome to Europe!!!. Transfer to hotel and free time. You will receive information about the start of the circuit during the afternoon, or you can check the informative panels in the hotel reception area.
02 SAT. Istanbul
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Sighseeing tour.Cable car to Pierre Loti viewpoint. Night transfer to Taksim.
A sightseeing tour of the city lasting about two hours, taking in the walls, the Golden Horn, the fishing district, and Taksim. We will skirt round the Topkapi Palace and admire the exterior of Hagia Sophia. On our tour, we will include a cable car ride up to the Pierre Loti viewpoint and we will look round the Mosque of Suleyman the Magnificent (the largest in Istanbul). We find ourselves in a city built in two continents.
At the end of the afternoon we will provide a transfer to the Taksim neighbourhood, the most commercialised and lively area of ??the city. There will be time to dine in one of its many restaurants, and you can also take the old tram that crosses the area or go to see the nearby Galata Tower.
03 SUN. Istanbul
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Boat trip on the Bosphorus.
Today we include a boat trip on the Bosphorus that will last about two hours. We will undertake the trip on a boat exclusively for Europamundo travellers. The Bosphorus is a strait that connects the Black Sea with the Sea of Marmara, which separates Istanbul into two parts: the European part and the Asian one. We will enjoy seeing the liveliness of the strait with its multitude of boats. We will pass under the two bridges that unite Europe and Asia and we will admire the palaces of the sultans, the typical wooden houses and the Ottoman villas.
Free time (an additional visit with tickets and lunch inside the Topkapi Palace is available).
04 MON. Istanbul- Bandirma- Ephesus- Kusadasi
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Ferry over the Marmara. Ephesus. Dinner included.
We left early from Istanbul. We crosed by fast ferry (variable schedules according to seasons and months) the Sea of Marmara, after about two hours of crossing, we arrived at the port of BANDIRMA (or Yalova according to schedules). We continued route through the interior of Turkey. At the beginning of the afternoon we arrive at EPHESUS, the best preserved ancient city of Asia Minor; 2000 years ago it had a quarter of a million inhabitants.
We know Saint John´s Basilica, after it, the house of the Virgin Mary and the archaeological site (tickets included). We then continue to KUSADASI, a popular coastal town with a lot of atmosphere, commercial life and a small castle. Dinner and accommodation.
05 TUE. Kusadasi- Izmir- Bursa- Istanbul
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHT: Interior of Anatolia. Hanging bridges crossing the Sea of Marmara and the Bosphorus Strait.
We leave for the city with the fourth largest population in Turkey: IZMIR. We see the church of Saint Polycarp, the oldest in the city, which reminds us of the importance of this area in early Christianity (entrance included). We then return to inland Turkey. Stop en route for lunch before reaching BURSA, the fourth largest city in Turkey, whose historic centre has been declared UNESCO World Heritage, with its traditional commercial districts, mosques, religious schools, public baths … The green mosque stands out. Arrival in ISTANBUL at the end of the day and check-in at the hotel.
06 WED. Istanbul
After breakfast, transfer to the Airport
- Travel by bus with English speaking guide
- Stay at 3*/4* hotel with buffet breakfast.
- Includes arrival & departure transfers
- Boat: On the Bosphorus
- City tour in: Istanbul
- Evening Transfer: Taksim Square in Istanbul
- Ticket admission: Suleiman the Great Mosque in Istanbul, house of the Virgin Mary, Basilica of St. John, Ruins of Ephesus, Church of Saint Polycarp in Izmir
- Ferry: Over the Marmara from Istanbul to Bandirma
- Funicular: Cableway Viewpoint of Pierre Loti in Istanbul
- 1 Lunch or Dinner Included in: Kusadasi
- Any Airfare / Visa Charges and Insurance /Medical.
- Meals other than breakfast
- Any item of personal nature and not mentioned under the inclusions or in the itinerary
Terms & Conditions
- Child without bed - Is an individual under 12 years of age, sharing the room with 2 full paying adults and without a bed / cot.
- For Two Adults & Two Children (Both Under 12 Years) rooming together, the 1st child will have to pay "Child with Bed" price and the 2nd Child will pay "Child without Bed" price.
- Maximum 3 adults are allowed per room. As a Third person in a Triple room, most of the hotels use roll away beds & room size may be the same as the Double room.
- Any damage caused to the hotel rooms / coach during your stay, shall be borne by the concerned passengers.