Splendors of Japan
DAY 1 Arrive in Tokyo | Day at Leisure
Endlessly fascinating and intriguing, Japan is all about the sky touching buildings dominating the lively street markets lined with the finest of eateries and neighbouring majestic temples. Embark on a journey to experience the wonders of Japan on this holiday. At Narita/Haneda Airport, meet a MakeMyTrip representative and head to your place of stay on a shared basis in a coach/bus (seat-in-coach or i.e. SIC basis). Check-in at the hotel (standard check-in time is 3 PM*) and spend the rest of the day at leisure. You could choose to relax in the comfortable hotel room or make the most of the free time by enjoying some shopping around Shibuya (suggested activity at your own expense). While walking through the bustling streets, you could purchase apparel, homewares, gadgets and accessories.
As the day comes to an end, return to the hotel for a relaxing overnight stay.
DAY 2 Tokyo City Tour
Savour a scrumptious breakfast and head for Tokyo sightseeing with your Tour Manager. Begin the sightseeing tour with a visit to Meiji Shrine. Then head to the Imperial Palace East gargens, take a walk in the east garden and see the remaining foundation of the former castle tower on the top of a hill. Next up will be Asakusa Kanon Temple & Nakamise Street, Tokyo's most iconic spot and market. After lunch at an Indian Restaurant, enjoy the drive by the famous Rainbow bridge, famous for the spectacular lighting and fireworks show on New Years' eve. This drive will be followed by a cruise on the Sumida River. Going forward, make your way and strike a pose at the Odaiba-Statue of Liberty. Drive around Ginza, a popular shopping area filled with a vast variety of shopping centres.
After a sumptuous Indian dinner, you will have to head back to the hotel for a relaxing overnight stay.
DAY 3 Mount Fuji and Hakone Tour
Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast and board a bus from your designated location - Hotel Shinagawa Prince (main lobby) to reach Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. Thereupon, around 9 AM, embark on a 2 hours ride to reach Hakone (latest by 8:30 AM) in a shared vehicle (SIC i.e. seat-in-coach basis). Hot springs, absolute natural beauty and spectacular mountain scenery dominated by Mt Fuji*, Hakone is a perfect escape from the hustle-bustle of city life. Upon arrival at Hakone, head for an excursion to Mount Fuji, Japan's highest mountain (subject to weather conditions). Reach the Mt. Fuji 5th Station, which is located at an altitude of 7,545 feet (2,300 meters) and take-in sweeping, panoramic view of the countryside. In between, take a break for lunch at an Indian Restaurant and then head to the shores of Lake Ashi, located along caldera of Mount Hakone, for a 15 minutes cruise ride. While gliding through the water, admire the view of Mount Fuji. Finally, head to Hakone Ropeway* to enjoy a scenic ride to the peak. Spend some time at the summit, strolling around, and enjoy exquisite views of Southern Alps, Mt. Ontake, Mt. Norikura, and the Northern Alps. Having explored the natural beauty and cultural landmarks, proceed to Hakone from where you will take a bus to Tokyo.
*Excursion to Mt. Fuji Station and Komagatake Ropeway ride are subject to weather conditions, so double-check the timings from the service provider.
DAY 4 Bullet Train to Hiroshima | Hiroshima & Miyajima Tour
After a sumptuous breakfast, check-out and head for the station for the exciting ride on Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo to Hiroshima. Prepare a small hand luggage for your 1 night stay in Hiroshima and forget about carrying your luggage as we will facilitate a courier for the rest of your luggage from Tokyo to Osaka.
After check-in at the hotel in Hiroshima, freshen up and and enjoy the day with a tour of Hiroshima. Head for a visit to the iconic site - Atomic Bomb Dome that still reminds mankind of the destruction caused by the first nuclear explosion. Then head for a visit to the Atomic Peace Memorial Park.
End the day after a delicous Indian dinner at an Indian restaurant and head for the hotel for a relaxing overnight stay.
DAY 5 Miyajima Tour | Departure to Osaka
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, board a ferry to visit the iconic Itsukushima shrine, famous for it's floating 'Tori' gate. After the tour, relax and have lunch at an Indian restaurant. Post lunch, head to Osaka by bus.
DAY 6 Osaka City Tour
After breakfast, head for a a fully day excursion around Osaka.
Visit the Osaka Castle which is one of the most iconic buildings in Osaka famous for its role in the unification of Japan during the Samurai Era. Next would be the famous Tenmangu Shrine, founded in the 10th century devoted to the Shinto Deity of scholarship. After lunch at an Indian restaurnat, head to the Osaka floating observatory from where you could embrace 360-degree views of the cityscape and the coast.
Enjoy free time to explore and shop Shinsaibashi & Dotonobori Shopping Arcade.
After dinner at an Indian restaurant head for the hotel for a refreshing overnight stay.
DAY 7 Full Day Sightseeing Tour of Kyoto & Nara
Post a delicious breakfast and embark on a full-day excursion to Kyoto and Nara with your Tour Manager. Brimming with masterpieces of religious architecture, Kyoto is an amazing place where you could see monks’ temple hopping or meditating in the stunning Zen gardens. Your tour will begin in a shared vehicle with an excursion to the 16th century Fushimi Inari Shrine. Up next, visit the Kiyomizuedra temple. Continue your tour to the Ninen-zaka & Sannen-zaka preserved districts.
Post that, take a break to enjoy an Indian lunch at an Indian restaurant. Satiated, make your way to Nara, Japan's first permanent capital. Once there, continue to the Todaiji Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and thereafter, head to the Nara Deer Park to see 1,200 wild sika deer.
After exploring Nara, return to Osaka. After dinner at an Indian restaurant make your way to the hotel for a relaxing overnight stay.
DAY 8 Depart from Osaka
After relishing a delicious breakfast, check-out (standard check-out time is 10 am*) from the hotel and get transferred to the Kansai International Airport. It is time to bid adieu to Japan and head home with fond memories to last a lifetime.
- 3 Nights Tokyo, 1 Night Hiroshima, 3 Nights Osaka
- Explore the famous attractions of Tokyo like Tokyo Imperial Plaza & Imperial Palace East Gardens, Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Kanon Temple, Nakamise Shopping Street, Sumida River Cruise, Drive by Rainbow Bridge, Odaiba Statue of Liberty, mega Web & Pallete Town, Drive around Ginza
- Full day Mt. Fuji Tour - trip to 5th station at Mt. Fuji, cruise at Lake Ashi and Mt. Komagatake Ropeway (based on weather conditions)
- Visit the Atomic Bomb Dome and Atomic Peace Memorial Park in Hiroshima.
- Explore ferry to visit the Itsukushima Shrine
- Osaka Castle, Tenmangu Shrine, Osaka Floating Observatory and spend free time shopping at Shinsaibashi and Dotonobori shopping arcade.
- Visit to Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kiyomizudera Temple, stroll around Ninen-zaka Sannen-zaka preserved districts, Nara Deer Park & Todaiji Temple
- Exciting ride on Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo to Hiroshima
- Services of a guide during sightseeing tours
- Indian Lunch & Dinner at Indian restaurants each day.
- Luggage courier from Tokyo to Osaka
- Visa Fee and assistance
- Return Airport on a shared basis in a coach/bus (seat-in-coach/SIC)
- All transfers on a shared basis in a coach/bus (seat-in-coach/SIC)
- Cost of Airfare, Airport Taxes both main sector & internal flights
- VISA and Travel Insurances
- All Entrance Fees except mentioned above
- Usage of vehicle beyond the given route drives after 06.00 PM, usage of guide beyond the mentioned timings or anything beyond the itinerary.
- Early check-in & Late check-out.
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, mini bar charges, beverages, liquor, telephone charges, etc.
- Any other services not specified in above itinerary.
Terms & Conditions
- Price of the holiday services are calculated per passenger on twin-sharing basis.
- A surcharge may be applicable for certain departures.
- Prices are dynamic and based on offers running at the time of booking. MMT reserves the right to change prices at any time
- In case the selected hotel is unavailable for booking, an alternate arrangement will be offered to the customer in a hotel of similar category.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of some activities may be amended. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Pricing of the Holiday Services are based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter it correctly at the time of booking. Furnishing wrong passenger age may incur penalty at a later stage.
- All Holidays include standard or base category rooms.