7 Days Essential Japan
Saturday all year
Jul.23: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
Aug.23: 05, 12, 19, 26
Sep.23: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
Oct.23: 07, 14, 21, 28
Nov.23: 04, 11, 18, 25
Dec.23: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
Jan.24: 06, 13, 20, 27
Feb.24: 03, 10, 17, 24
Mar.24: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
Welcome to Japan! Transfer by coach (SHUTTLE BUS) to hotel.
18H30.- Meeting with guide. Late in the afternoon, we will pay a visit to this fascinating country by taking a trip on the metro (tickets included) to the Shinjuku district and see the crowds of people who use this modern and efficient collective transport system. Then we will take a walk around an hour to the restaurant. Shinjuku is one of the most important nightlife districts. Dinner included and return to hotel by metro with our guide.
08.00 hrs.- In the morning, we take part in a 5-hour trip with our guide to see this amazing city, with its hustle and bustle and extremely modern districts that coexist with quiet, peaceful areas. Brief stop at the Zojoji Temple to make a beautiful photograph of the Tokyo Tower. Pay attention to the hundred of Jizos, stone traditional protecting deities who guide us on our travels, give power to those who are weak (such children) and those in dangerous places, and who are dressed including hats, robes and windmills. Then we head to the junction of Shibuya, a junction that is said to be the most crowded in the world. The Meiji Temple is dedicated to the Emperor Meiji, his wife, and their spirits. We continue on our bus along the elegant street of Omotesando. We will edge the most beautiful part of the Imperial Palace and the gardens. Stop to visit the famous Nijubashi Bridge. We will pass through the district of Akihabara, the “electric town” with icons from the popular Japanese Manga and Anime culture and then see Kokugikan, the Sumo stadium, home of this Japanese sport. We will also visit the Buddhist temple of Sensoji, the oldest and most important temple in Tokyo, with its 55-metre high pagoda. Then we will have some free time to visit the traditional commercial street of Nakamise in the district of Asakusa. Lunch included in a local restaurant. Return to hotel.
Free time in the afternoon.
Tokyo - Mount Fuji - Kawaguchiko.-
Total distance: 191 km Note: Bring some warm clothes since on Mount Fuji can be cold.
08.00 hrs.- We set out for the beautiful region of Mount Fuji, passing through pretty countryside on our way.
10.00 hrs- We go on to KAWAGUCHIKO with its tiny houses, flowers and mountains, and its beautiful lake. First of all we see the ARAKURAYAMA SENGEN PARK, with its beautiful pagodas, and from here enjoy the best and most well-known views of Mount Fuji. After this, we will visit the FUJI SENGEN SHRINE set in a magical site surrounded by tall trees, and the starting point of the traditional pilgrimage to the mountain. At the shrine, we will express our thanks for being able to visit this wonderful place.
12.30 hrs- We will enjoy a delightful boat trip on Kawaguchiko Lake which lasts approximately 30 minutes.
14.15 hrs- After lunch, we start to ascend Mount Fuji on the road that takes us to the “fifth station”, surrounded by spectacular forests and views, to a height of 2,305 metres.
Note: In winter, the route up to Mount Fuji is closed due to snow or other adverse weather conditions; during this season, we will ascend as far as the authorised point.
16.15 hrs- Return to Kawaguchiko arriving at 17.15hrs, with time to stroll near the lake. We will stay at a Ryokan (a traditional Japanese hotel), where we recommend you to enjoy its ONSEN. The experience in this typical Japanese public bath will be unforgettable. Dinner included.
(NB: In the planned Ryokan, some rooms are in Japanese style, with accommodation on tatamis, and others are in western-style).
Kawaguchiko - Iyasi No Sato Nenba - Toyota - Kyoto.-
Total distance: 390 km Note: Wear comfortable walking shoes. At the falls we will walk about 1.5km
08.30 hrs- Kawaguchiko- Departure. We continue along the pretty road bordered by lakes Kawaguchi and Saiko.
09.00 hrs- IYASHI NO SATO NENBA, a tiny village destroyed by a typhoon in 1966 and later restored as a traditional open-air mountain village and museum. Its traditional houses have been transformed into arts and crafts shops, restaurants and traditional museums.
10.00hrs- Iyashi departure.
10.45 hrs- We then have the opportunity to admire the SHIRAITO FALLS, considered done of the most attractive sites in Japan, with a waterfall height of 20 metres.
11.45 hrs- Shiraito Falls departure.
15.30 hrs- We will visit the TOYOTA MUSEUM (admission included), a must-see for motor lovers.
19.00 hrs- KYOTO, arrival and accomodation.
We spend whole day in the city that was the capital of Japan from the year 794 to 1868 and home to the Imperial Court. During World War II the city was the only major Japanese to escape the bombardments, and so it still preserves its wealth of artistic heritage; the famous protocol restricting greenhouse gas emissions was signed in Kyoto in 1997.
08.30hrs.- We head for the outskirts of Kyoto. Arashiyama, where we cross the Togetsukyo Bridge (“bridge over the moon”), which has fantastic views. We will visit the Tenryuji temple, one of the "five major Zen temples of Kyoto" and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, followed by a walk through its mystic bamboo forest. The visit includes a trip to one of the most important parts of the city. We will see the marvellous Shinto Shrine of Fushimi Inari, the Imperial Palace and Kinkakuji temple, “the golden pavilion” and its wonderful gardens.
19.00hrs- At night, a transfer to GION will be included, a busy traditional quarter famous for its Geisha. Free time. The return to the hotel will be free, we suggest you take a taxi. The guide will explain how.
Kyoto - Nara - Osaka.
Total distance: 125km
08.00hrs- Kyoto. Departure.
09.00hrs- NARA, we visit Todaiji, a magnificent Buddhist temple built in 752, which has a giant Buddha and where passengers can take photos and touch and feed the deer that wander through the park.
10.30hrs.- Todaiji Temple departure.
11.15hrs- HORYUJI Buddhist temple, a World Heritage Site. Time to discover its seminary, monasteries and temples. Its main pagoda temple is one of the oldest wooden buildings in the world and is the oldest Buddhist temple in Japan and an important place of worship.
12.45hrs- Horyuji Departure. Lunch included in a local restaurant. We continue to OSAKA. 14.30hrs.- OSAKA, Arrival. Accommodation in this modern city (Japan’s second city) and free time. In the evening we will visit Dotonbori, a colourful district filled with nightlife.
After breakfast, end of our services.
- Europamundo General Services: Travel by bus with English speaking guide, basic travel insurance, hotel and breakfast buffet.
- Includes arrival transfer
- City tour in: TOKYO, KYOTO
- Boat: Kawaguchiko Lake
- Evening transfer: Shinjuku, Traditional quarter of Gion , Dotonbori in Osaka
- Ticket admission: Metro, Zojoji Temple, Meiji Temple, Sensoji Temple , Arakurayama Sengen Park , Village Museum , Toyota Museum , Tenryu-ji Temple, Arashiyama bamboo forest in Kyoto, Fushimi Inari, Imperial Palace, Kinkakuji Temple , Todai-ji Temple and Horyu-ji Temple.
- 2 Lunch included in: TOKYO, NARA
- 2 dinner included in: TOKYO, KAWAGUCHIKO
- Air Transportation
- Personal expenses such as, but not limited to, phone calls, minibar charges, additional food orders, wines, mineral waters, room service, valet/ laundry service, the traditional end of trip gratuity to your tour guide and your driver not included and remains optional at your discretion.
- All necessary tipping to luggage porters, bellman, doormen, dining room waiters.
- Any other items of personal nature not specifically mentioned as being included.
Terms & Conditions
- Child U/11 yrs of age : 70% of the TWN rate, when sharing room with two adults in extra bed.
- Rates and Itinerary are subject to change without prior notice & subject to availability. No refund on any unutilised services.
- Charges in case of cancellation within 48 to 33 days prior to arrival : 10% of the package cost or € 30 whichever is higher
- Charges in case of cancellation within 32 to 18 days prior to arrival : 25% of the package cost.
- Charges in case of cancellation within 17 to 06 days prior to arrival : 50% of the package cost.
- Charges in case of cancellation within 06 days prior to arrival OR No shows : 100% of the package cost.