Best of Switzerland - Summer 2022
Visit Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen
Orientation Tour of Bern
Orientation tour of Geneva
Chance to visit Glacier 3000 (Optional)
Bollywood Trails: Relive iconic movie moments
Ride on the Scenic Golden Pass Train
Orientation tour of Montreux
Orientation tour of Zermatt
Chance to visit Matterhorn Glacier Paradise (Optional)
Orientation tour of Lausanne
Scenic cruise from Lausanne to Evian
Visit the Cailler Chocolate Factory
Chance to visit to Jungfraujoch and Interlaken (Optional)
Visit Mt. Titlis in the world’s first
Day 01 Welcome to Zurich On arrival in Zurich, You will be transferred to your hotel (Check-in time is after 1500 hrs).
Overnight in Zurich (D)
Note: The standard check-in time is 1500 hrs. Packed dinner will be provided in case of late arrivals of flight or long queue at the immigration.
Day 02 Orientation tour of Bern - Orientation Tour of Geneva Today, we check-out and proceed towards Schaffhausen to see the mighty Rhinefalls. Admire closely the thundering beauty of Europe’s most powerful waterfalls. Later, proceed to Bern - the capital city of Switzerland. On your orientation tour, see the Clock Tower, Gothic fountains and the Parliament building. Next, we drive to Geneva. Situated along the banks of Lake Geneva at the foot of the Alps, Geneva sparkles as one of Europe's most beautiful cities. On arrival, we proceed on an orientation tour and see the Palais des Nations, the European arm of the UNO and many more sights.
Overnight in Leysin or similar (B, D)
Day 03 Chance to visit Glacier 3000 (Optional) – Bollywood Trails – Golden Pass Train – Orientation of Montreux
Today, the morning is free to relax at your hotel or you can join us on an excursion to Glacier 3000. As you ride the cable car to the top, a stunning panorama unfolds to this majestic peak. Enjoy breath-taking views of the iconic mountains such as Mont- Blanc, the Matterhorn, Eiger, Monch and jungfrau from the stunning Tissot Peak Walk. Today, we take you on an unforgettable journey that will cover some of the favourite Indian film locations in the majestic setting of the Gstaad valley. Next we board the scenic Golden Pass train from Gstaad to Montreux. Enjoy the panoramic views of a fairy tale landscape as you journey through alpine forest, bubbling mountain springs and picturesque mountain villages before reaching the Mediterranean ambience of Montreux. Next, explore the city of Montreux – known for its Jazz Festival.
Overnight in Leysin or similar (B, D)
Day 04 Trip to Zermatt – Matterhorn Glacier Paradise (Optional)
Today, visit Zermatt - a mountain village at the foot of the famous Matterhorn Peak, where the pure Alpine Village feeling is preserved through the use of electric vehicles and horse- drawn cabs. Explore Zermatt on your own OR take an excursion to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise - you are whisked up by the Matterhorn Express cable railway and further up by a lift built into the rock - to the highest sightseeing platform in Europe.
Later, we proceed to Leysin.
Overnight in Leysin or similar (B, D)
Day 05 Orientation tour of Lausanne – Cruise on Lake Geneva – Cailler Chocolate factory
Today check out and proceed to Laussane. On arrival go for a walking tour of this beautiful city and visit the attractive old town. Later, board a scenic cruise from Lausanne to Evian. On arrival in Evian see the source of Famous Evian Water. Next, visit the chocolate factory of Cailler to witness how these famous Swiss Chocolates are made. Further drive to Engelberg. Overnight in Engelberg or Similar (B, D)
Day 06 Day Free OR opt for ‘Jungfraujoch and Interlaken’, Switzerland
Today, the day is at leisure OR you can join us on an excursion to visit Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe, for a memorable encounter with snow and ice, a high–point of your tour! Take a cogwheel train from Lauterbrunnen / Grindelwald Grund to a height of 3,454 metres to Europe’s highest railway station – a world of eternal ice and snow. Visit Ice Palace. Visit Sphinx observatory deck to view longest glacier in the Alps. Later, visit Interlaken, one of Switzerland’s best nown health and pleasure resorts. Later, isit Interla en, one of Switzerland’s best known health and pleasure resorts. Overnight in Engelberg or Similar (B, D)
Note: Passengers not opting for Optional excursion the dinner will be packed and delivered at the hotel when the group arrives.
Day 07 Visit Mt. Titlis – Orientation tour of Lucerne Today, we proceed to Mt Titlis. Our cable car ride includes the world’s first rotating cable car, the Rotair – to the top of Mt. Titlis at 3,020 metres. Do not forget to isit the “Cliff Wal ” a suspension bridge along the cliff of Mt. Titlis. Next, we proceed for an orientation tour of Lucerne: See the Lion Monument, and Kapellbrucke (Chappel Bridge) with some free time to shop for famous Swiss watches, knives and chocolates.
Overnight in Zurich (B, D)
Day 08 Return Home
Today, we check out and proceed to the airport for your flight bac home. It’s time to say goodbye to all the new friends you have made. We hope you take back many happy memories of your holiday. We would like you to spare a few minutes of your time to write and tell us how you enjoyed your holiday and any suggestions you may have for the future. (B)
- Accommodations at the hotels specified above or similar.
- Meals, transfers, entrances, sightseeing and surface transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a professional
- Passport, Visa charges, Airport & Port taxes.
- Cost of your Air tickets required to participate in this tour.
- Tipping is expected from anyone providing your service e.g. Coach Driver, Local Guides etc. It is mandatory to tip a nominal amount of CHF 3 per person/per day. For the entire duration of this tour which is 08 Days, the total Tips amount is CHF 24 per person to be paid to the Tour Manager on Day 01 of the tour.
- Porterage, tips, Insurance, laundry, telephone charges, airport transfers, transfers all items of personal nature and also food and drinks not forming part of the group menus.
- Cost of the Cost of Suggested Excursions. (Suggested Excursions will be operated subject to minimum 20 passengers).
- Any increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in all land arrangement which may come in to effect prior to departure.
- Arrival or Departure PCR – COVID test if required by the airline or Government bodies
- Anything not specifically mentioned in ‘What your Tour Price includes’ box..
Terms & Conditions
- On some occasions you may have to join another group in case the group does not have adequate members.
- A local representative or a driver may only be there to assist you during your initial part of the tour.
- Security alerts and random closures might affect the itinerary.
- Please take extra care of your personal belongings while on the tour, every country you travel to is prone to thefts and bag snatching. SOTC will not be liable for any loss of belongings / baggage.
- Disabled clients should carry their own wheelchair and should be accompanied by a qualified companion who is able to provide assistance to the disabled client.
- SOTC shall not accept any liability or responsibility for any damages, loss, baggage loss, theft, injury, accident, death, breakdown or irregularity, which may occur in carrying out the tour arrangement, weather conditions, strikes, war, quarantine and any other cause whatsoever and all such loss or expense must be borne by the passengers. Insurance policies must be carried while on tour.
- The management reserves the right to claim any additional expenses incurred due to delay or changes in schedules of train, airplane, bus, ship or other services.
- The Tour Manager and the company reserves the right to amend the itinerary, alter, vary or withdraw any particular departure, excursion advertised. For the convenience of our passengers, we will sometimes amend the itinerary. However, all the services will remain the same.
- There are no refunds for any services i.e. meals, sightseeing etc. not utilized on your tour
- The images used in this brochure are for representation purpose only.
- Tours operated are subject to RBI / GOI regulations.
- Please refer to the oo ing Form for detailed “Terms and Conditions”.