Day 1, Arrival in Reykjavik – Keflavik Airport
Welcome to Iceland! Iceland is a land of vivid contrasts of climate, geography, and culture. Widely known as “the land of fire and ice” Iceland is home to some active volcanoes, geysers, hot springs and lava fields, fjordsand glaciers. Upon arrival at Keflavik International Airport, your driver will meet you for your transfer to the Reykjavik hotel. Unpack your luggage, prepare your backpacks & charge your camera for the exciting week that lies ahead. Check in and spend the rest of day at leisure. You may explore Iceland’s capital city on your own if time allows. Overnight Reykjavik.
Day 2, Reykjavik - Hvammstangi
Start your trip with a short Reykjavík city tour before heading north-west. In the afternoon, join a short hike up the Grabrok volcano crater from where you will have a perfect view over the region and its vast lava fields. Stop at the most powerful hot spring in Europe, Deildartunguhver. Continue to Hraunfossar, a unique waterfall that drains from under vast lava fields into a glacier river. Nearby is Barnafoss waterfall. Overnight Hvammstangi.
1) Entrance fee to The Settlement Center in Borgarnes
Visit the Settlement Centre in Borgarnes and learnabout the Viking Age and the Icelandic Sagas.
Day 3, Hvammstangi to Husavik
Drive over mountain passes, lava fields, green pastures, fertile farmlands and along fjord landscape to North Iceland. Early afternoon go whale watching and sea angling for 2-3 hours in Eyjafjordur – Iceland’s longest fjord right below the Arctic Circle. You will see humpback and minke whales, harbour porpoises and dolphins – The success rate to spot whales is 99%! Finish the afternoon at Akureyri – Iceland’s second-largest city – before reaching the picturesque village of Husavík. Overnight Husavik.
Day 4, Excursion to Lake Myvatn area
Start the day with a stop at Godafoss, a beautiful waterfall but also a prominent spot in Iceland’s history. Tour the Lake Myvatn area with its abundant birdlife and amazing volcanic landscapes. The lake’s unique features are shaped by nature – strange lava formations, any kind of volcanic craters, attractive bays filled with thousands of birds and ducks. Stroll through the mysterious lava labyrinth of Dimmuborgir, look at pseudo-craters at Skutustadir and see the tephra cone of Hverfjall. Overnight Husavik.
Myvatn Nature Baths admission fee
Visit geothermal Myvatn Nature Baths, which contains a lot of minerals, is alkaline and well-suited for a relaxing and rejuvenating bath. (Towel, Swimsuit & Bathrobe available for rental at additional cost)
Day 5, Husavik to Egilsstadir
In the morning, explore more volcanic and geothermal landscapes. Visit the hot springs, fumarolesand bubbling mud pools of Namaskard. At Krafla, see the impacts of volcanic activity and smell the sulfur. Víti is a circular explosion crater filled with blue water, surrounded by colourful mountains and hissing steam vents. Continue the journey to the 44-meter high Dettifoss, Europe’s most powerful waterfall. Head through the uninhabited highlands to East Iceland. Stop at Modrudalur to visit the church on the farm. Enjoy the view of the mountain Herdubreid. In the afternoon arrive in the fertile region of Fljotsdalsherad in East Iceland. Overnight Egilsstadir.
Day 6, Egilsstadir to Vatnajokull national park
Today admire the green valleys, high mountains, dramatic fjord landscape and tiny fishing villages at the end of twisty roads in the East Fjords. Stop at the charming village of Djupivogur. Observe the magnificent
Vatnajokull, Europe’s largest glacier. Embark on a boat ride among the floating icebergs on the Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon. Walk along the black sands of the so- called Diamond beach. Spend your evening in Vatnajokull National Park. Overnight Hof.
Day 7, Hof to Reykjavik
In the morning continue exploring Vatnajokull National Park. See the stratovolcano and highest peak in Iceland: Hvannadalshnjukur. Walk close to a glacial tongue, cross a sandy desert and embrace the beautiful lava field of Eldhraun covered with blue-green moss. Stop at the black lava beach of Reynisfjara. In the little village of Skogar learn about Iceland’s early Modern history at the Skogar folk museum with its turf houses. Admire the waterfall Skogafoss. Travel along the famous Eyjafjallajokull glacier and volcano and stop at Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Reach Reykjavik by evening. Overnight Reykjavik.
Day 8, Golden Circle Tour
Start the day by visiting the farm of Fridheimar where you will learn about Icelandic horses and greenhouse agriculture - Gain a unique insight into the processes of greenhouse horticulture and the use of geothermal heating in Icelandic horticulture. Spend the rest of the day travelling along the Golden Circle: the waterfall of Gullfoss, the active geothermal area of Geysir and the National Park of Thingvellir National Park, the birthplace of the first Parliament and now a UNESCO world heritage site. Overnight Reykjavik.
Day 9, Reykjavik – Home
After breakfast, checkout and depart to Keflavik Airport by private transfer. (Or you can extend your stay to explore the destination on own.)
- 8 nights’ Accommodation (Bed & Breakfast)
- Reykjavik Airport to Hotel private transfer
- Reykjavik panoramic city tour.
- Visit to Grábrók volcano crater, Deildartunguhver hot springs, Hraunfossar & Barnafoss waterfalls.
- Whale watching in Eyjafjordur.
- Visit Godafoss falls, Lake Myvatn area, lava labyrinth of Dimmuborgir.
- Visit fumaroles of Námaskarð, Víti crater, Dettifoss falls.
- Visit to Vatnajokull National Park.
- Boat ride among the floating icebergs on the Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon.
- Visit Hvannadalshnjúkur. Skógafoss & Seljalandsfoss falls.
- Golden Circle Tour.
- Fridheimar Farm Greenhouse Visit.
- Reykjavik hotel to airport private transfer
- Local city taxes collected by the hotels;
- Travel insurance;
- Any items not mentioned in the programme.
Terms & Conditions
- All rates are per person based on twin sharing basis.
- All rates are subject to availability at the time of booking. The prices we quote are indicative but we always try to confirm the prices offered in this document.
- Child rates apply for children aged from 2 to 11 years old. 1 child sharing a room with 2 adults (depending on hotel policy). If the hotel doesn’t have availability for family rooms, adult rates will apply.
- If certain tours / entrances are closed during certain periods, alternative options will be provided.
- Rates quoted are not applicable during trade fair periods, major European Holidays and other major events.
- Train fares / reservations are dynamic, subject to availability and non-refundable once issued.