SPAIN Down South Self Drive
This picture postcard city hugs the edges of a 120metre gorge and is packed with historic churches and palaces, and Spain’s oldest bullring.
Jerez de la Frontera:
A beautiful baroque city, which gave its name to sherry, is considered the spiritual home of Spanish horsemanship.
White village route:
Journey through the picturesque highlands of the Sierra de Grazalema and behold the rustic beauty of its whitewashed villages.
Explore the elegant capital of Andalusia, visiting the worldfamous Plaza de España, the former royal palace and cathedral as well as strolling through old Jewish quarter.
Discover the magnificent Great Mosque, wander through the former Jewish district and visit the synagogue.
DAY 1 | ARRIVAL SEVILLE
Arrive to Seville airport and pick up your hired car (head to the hall to meet with a OK-rent-a-car representative). Discover Seville and visit to some of the capital’s top attractions such as the Royal Alcazar palace and the cathedral – both UNESCO World Heritage Sites – as well as Santa Cruz, its most picturesque inner city neighbourhood. The Royal Alcazar traces its origins to the 10th century, when it became the palace of a Moorish caliph. Over the centuries, it has been expanded with a series of stunning halls, pavilions, patios and gardens in a variety of styles from Moorish and Mudejar to Gothic, Renaissance and baroque. The Cathedral of Saint Mary of the See, whose glorious Giralda belfry is Seville’s most iconic symbol. The building began life as a mosque in the 12th century and has since grown to become the third-largest church in the world. Explore secluded Santa Cruz, the former Jewish quarter and today the most traditional neighbourhood in the old town. It is a warren of whitewashed lanes, alleys, archways and patios, each with a historical tale to tell.
Enjoy a tapas lunch in a typical restaurant (not included).
Overnight in Seville TRH La Motilla or similar Superior 4*
DAY 2 | SEVILLE – JEREZ DE LA FRONTERA (90km – 1.1 hrs)
Take to the road for a picturesque drive to Jerez de la Frontera, passing through some of the most beautiful countryside in Andalusia, which is dotted with rustic villages known as pueblos blancos. See Moorish citadels, romantic farmhouses nestling in verdant valleys, historic hilltop hamlets and towns perched precariously on precipitous ridges. Arrive in Jerez de la Frontera and check-in at the hotel.
Overnight in Jerez de La Frontera Jerez & Spa or similar Superior 4*
DAY 3 | JEREZ DE LA FRONTERA – RONDA (115km – 1.3 hrs)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before departing for Ronda, taking a scenic inland route, passing red earth hills dotted with olive plantations. On arrival, the well-preserved ruins of five defensive walls testify to Ronda’s turbulent past. Today, this history casts an enchanting spell over Ronda, which retains a beguiling timelessness in the maze of whitewashed cobbled alleys leading to the famous New Bridge over the 120-metre-deep El Tajo Gorge. Admire Mudejar towers, Renaissance palaces and baroque churches during your visit. Discover the imposing Gothic-Renaissance Church of Santa Maria la Mayor, which was built in the 1480s by the Castilian conquerors on the site of the Moorish great mosque, see what a traditional Andalusian house looks like inside with a visit to the eclectic-modernist Casa de Don Juan de Bosco and explore the bullring, the oldest in Spain, and its museum.
Overnight in Ronda Maestranza or similar Superior 4*
DAYS 4-5| RONDA – GRANADA (180km – 2.15 hrs)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before exploring the historic city of Granada and photograph its greatest treasure, the Alhambra palace. For more than 1,000 years, this ‘pearl set in emeralds’ has stood atop Sabika hill overlooking the city, gaining in importance during the Moorish Nasrid dynasty, which turned the original castle into the palace of today. The royal complex and gardens were built to be 'heaven on earth', with cool patios, fountains and intricate carvings. Marvel at the rooms such as the Court of the Myrtles and the Hall of the Ambassadors, which are decorated in elaborate honeycomb arabesque plasterwork. Cross the verdant ravine of the River Darro to the historic Albaicin quarter, which has existed since Moorish times and still maintains its original chaotic layout. Narrow cobblestone alleys of tightly packed whitewashed houses snake their way upwards to the various vantage points offering breathtaking views of the Alhambra nestled under the Sierra Nevada.
Overnight in Granada Luna de Granada or similar Superior 4*
DAY 6 | GRANADA – CORDOBA (200km – 2.15 hrs)
Arrive in Cordoba and enjoy the old town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Cordoba was the capital of the Moorish caliphate of Al-Andalus during the height of its powers and glory, and nowhere is this wealth more evident than in the magnificent Great Mosque, which is now the Catholic cathedral. Wander through the colonnaded prayer halls, which are decorated with hundreds of marble columns joined by two-tone arches. Admire the mihrab and the side chapels, with their eclectic mix of arabesque and baroque styles. Stroll through the Patio of the Orange Trees, an oasis of peace cooled by the shade of 100 trees, and admire the arabesque decorations of exterior doorways. Continue by walking to the former Jewish Quarter to visit the 14th century synagogue.
Overnight in Cordoba Ayre Córdoba or similar Superior 4*
DAY 7 | CORDOBA – SEVILLE (140km – 1.5 hrs)
Drive back to the capital city and take the opportunity to visit and enjoy the wonderful city of Seville again.
Overnight in Seville TRH La Motilla or similar Superior 4*
DAY 8 | DEPART SEVILLE
End this unforgettable journey by returning the vehicle at the rent a car company near the airport. Return procedure and exact designated area will be adviced by rent a car company when you pick up the car on arrival day. The rent-a-car shuttle service will transfer you to the terminal for you to catch your departure flight back home.
- Local taxes
- Bed and breakfast
- Departure airport transfer
- Car rental
- 24hour roadside assistance
- 4 star Hotel
- Any additional expenses which are not included or detailed in the programme.
- Travel insurance
- Fuel cost
Terms & Conditions
- Car hire conditions Inclusions: - Applicable local taxes (VAT) - Unlimited mileage. - Emergency Contact service. - Replacement car in case of accident. - Full-Full petrol rate - All-inclusive insurance
- Exclusions: - Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving. - Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle. - Damage to the engine through negligence. - Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition. - Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs. - Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received there will be an administration charge. - If the car is left outside of rent a car designated area on drop off, customers will be responsible for any costs generated and for any damage to the vehicle due to it being parked outside of the Rent a Car installations. - Additional driver - Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat etc) - No insurance cover in Gibraltar. Drivers age from 26 to 75 years old (must have had their driver´s licence for a minimum of one year)
- Redeem information: Voucher type: Printed
- Printed Voucher. Print and bring the voucher to enjoy the activity.
- Location: Start point: Seville Airport. The office (Arrival hall) is open from 7am until 10pm every day.
- End point: Same as the starting point
- Schedule: Duration: 8 Days
- Guide options: Guide type: Not included
- Requirements: Maximum driver's age: 75 years old. Each additional driver will have an additional daily supplement. Visa or MasterCard credit card for deposit. Minimum driver's age: 26 years old.
- Recommendations: International driver`s license.